Private cycle tours
Ride with the same bunch of mates or club every Saturday? Want to ride with them overseas? Your own cycle tour is a great idea.
Currently we have three separate groups chucking $75.00 to $100.00 in to an account every month with the idea of visiting the Tour de France in 2016 & 2017. Brilliant.
We’ve been organising private groups for years and they work well. The first step is for us to meet with you and work out exactly what you want. We’ll then give you some practical advice based on the previous private groups we’ve booked. We’ll be honest and tell you if it would work or not. Some people are simply better to join an organised tour. We’ll have lots of questions
- How structured do you want this trip to be? If you want us to just look after accommodation and vehicles then that’s fine too.
- What grade of accommodation do you want?
- How many vehicles // hire bikes are needed?
- Will there be non-riding partners? A happy non-rider means a happy cyclist. It’s easy for us to come up with an alternative non-riding itinerary if that’s what you want.
- Do you want guides, drivers’ mechanics or will you self-guide? Over the past few years we’ve been booking a lot of Peugeot lease vehicles, throwing Thule bike racks on them and simply booking hotels. It’s not a bad way to go as long as someone is prepared to act as chief organiser. Going on past experience this particular person is vital to the success of a private tour. And it’s a lot of work.